Location: Dublin, Ireland but with travel to UK and Western Europe
Language: Working language English – European languages an advantage
Reporting: To Head of Investments
Aer Soléir’s business model is to identify renewable energy developers across Europe and partner with them to bring their projects to the Ready-To-Build stage. The primary focus of this role will be on leading opportunity origination, acquisition due diligence, valuation modelling, transaction completion and project financing (where relevant) for investments in wind, solar PV and energy storage assets across European target markets. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a central contributor, from the start, to the long-term success of this newly formed, values based, highly commercial, growth-oriented business which will become a leading renewable player in Europe
Minimum five (5) years transactional experience in renewable energy projects to include a deep understanding of key value drivers, return metrics and transactional documentation. Essential to demonstrate ability to build and maintain relationships with industry players, sell side brokers and advisers.
Experience working in renewable energy development businesses would be a distinct advantage.
- Alongside Investment Team members identify and originate new development stage renewable energy and energy storage project partnering opportunities and assess incoming opportunities.
- Key part of the Investment Team on all items relating to the investment, financing and financial performance of any renewable energy or storage assets including project finance, project procurement, construction management, and valuation.
- Key focus will be on business/project acquisition due diligence, valuation modelling and project financing (where relevant) for potential investments made in wind, solar PV or energy storage assets in European target markets.
- Responsible for all commercial analysis related to assigned projects including:
- Prepare bids for tenders & perform due diligence on assigned projects including co- ordination of due diligence teams (internal & external consultants) to form a risk adjusted valuation model for bid submissions.
- Work with the team to negotiate best in class agreed terms with vendor / JV partners & project financiers.
- Lead assigned projects related to the execution of acquisitions, project financings, and power purchase agreements, while also providing additional support to the negotiation of construction & operating contracts.
- Support the preparation of investment cases to be brought to internal management committee and thereafter for Board approval.
- Perform regional market and competitive analysis as requested.
- Work closely with the engineering team post acquisition to challenge and support them to ensure the maximum realisation of value from the assets.
- Proactively managing partnerships and associated relationships on behalf of the company.
- Investigate and manage entry into new market opportunities throughout Europe.
- Support management on preparation of necessary reporting and governance processes.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with analysis and execution of renewable energy and storage projects across multiple European jurisdictions with a strong understanding of key value drivers and return metrics, through the value chain from development to operations.
- Direct transaction experience to include acquisitions and/or disposals, project debt financing, internal FID/equity close and knowledge of relevant legal documentation. Experience in origination and negotiation of PPAs/offtake would be beneficial.
- Experience in due diligence and/or negotiation of key drivers of renewable project valuations and requirements to achieve financing – energy yield, planning, grid connections, equipment procurement, EPC agreements, OEM warranties and O&M agreements, project finance agreements, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), insurance, and financial modelling.
- Experience in both commercial and technical appraisal of renewable projects would be advantageous. Experience of procurement, engineering, construction and operation of utility scale wind, solar and storage projects will be an added bonus.
- Previous exposure to multiple European markets
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum honours degree qualification in finance or engineering or science.
- Strong competency in business/project valuation methodologies, financial modelling and project financing.
- Excellent commercial, critical analysis and presentation skills with a proven track record of successful project and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable ability of building and maintaining relationships with developers, industry players, sell side brokers and advisers.
- Thorough and detail oriented with the ability to organise and plan ahead, strong time and project management skills and ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint, if possible); In particular a high standard in Excel is essential
- Full driving license.