Location: Dublin, Ireland but with travel to UK and Western Europe
Language: Working language English – European languages an advantage
Reporting: To Head of Investments / Senior Investment Manager
Aer Soléir’s business model is to identify renewable energy developers across Europe and partner with them to bring their projects to the Ready-To-Build stage. The primary focus of this role will be on leading opportunity origination, acquisition due diligence, valuation modelling, transaction completion and project financing (where relevant) for investments in wind, solar PV and energy storage assets across European target markets. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a central contributor, from the start, to the long-term success of this newly formed, values based, highly commercial, growth-oriented business which will become a leading renewable player in Europe
Minimum three (3) years transactional experience in renewable energy projects to include a competent understanding of key value drivers, return metrics and transactional documentation. Experience working in renewable energy development businesses would be a distinct advantage.
- Alongside Investment Team members identify and originate new development stage renewable energy and energy storage project partnering opportunities and assess incoming opportunities.
- Key focus will be on valuation modelling, supporting on business/project acquisition due diligence, and project financing (where relevant) for potential investments made in wind, solar PV or energy storage assets in European target markets.
- Responsible for all modelling and analytical workflows related to assigned projects including:
- Structuring and preparation of risk adjusted valuation models for bid submissions taking into consideration due diligence findings and all other commercial, technical, financial and taxation inputs.
- Performing due diligence on assigned projects including coordination of due diligence teams (both internal & external consultants)
- Lead on assigned projects in the execution of acquisitions, project financings, also support the negotiation of construction & operational contracts.
- Assist investment team members in negotiating best-in-class terms with vendor / JV partners & project financiers.
- Support the preparation of investment cases to be brought to internal management committee and thereafter for Board approval.
- Perform regional market and competitive analysis as requested to support entry into new market opportunities throughout Europe
- Work closely with the engineering team post-acquisition to challenge and support them to ensure the maximum realisation of value from the assets.
- Proactively manage partnerships and associated relationships on behalf of the company
- Support management on preparation of necessary reporting and governance processes.
- Minimum three (3) years’ of experience with analysis and financial modelling of renewable energy and storage projects across European jurisdictions with a strong understanding of key value drivers and return metrics, through the value chain from development to operations.
- Direct transaction experience to include acquisitions and/or disposals, project debt financing, internal FID/equity close and a knowledge of associated legal documentation.
- Experience in due diligence and/or negotiation of key drivers of renewable project valuations and requirements to achieve financing.
- Experience in both the commercial and technical appraisal of renewable energy projects would be desirable. Experience of procurement, engineering, construction and operation of utility scale wind, solar and storage projects will be an added bonus.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum honours degree qualification in finance or engineering or science.
- Strong competency in financial modelling and project valuation techniques
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint, if possible); In particular a high standard in Excel is essential
- Critical analysis and presentation skills with experience of successful project and stakeholder management.
- Thorough and detail oriented with the ability to self-organise and plan ahead.
- Full driving license.