The role will be located in Dublin, Ireland. The role will involve an extensive commitment to travel and regular periods away from home. Travel in general will be within Europe and the US but may from time to time extend beyond these geographies.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aer Soléir is a developer and investor in renewable energy projects in Europe. Founded in 2021 by Andy Kinsella along with investment partner 547 Energy/Quantum Energy Partners the business invests in utility scale wind, solar and storage renewable energy projects in Europe.
Aer Soléir operates an outsourced model, whereby the accounting and asset management for project SPVs is done by third party asset managers in the local countries where acquisitions and investments are made.
The role reports to the Chief Financial and Investment Officer of Aer Soléir. The Head of Finance is responsible for the following:
Reporting and Operations:
- Manage the finance function, including all internal and external reporting, treasury, audit, tax, the budgeting process, and the internal control framework and policies
- Scope includes Aer Soléir Ireland and their subsidiaries/SPVs/group companies in Europe
- Internal reporting includes monthly management accounts and updates and annual statutory financial statements
- External reporting includes fund reports to investors 547/QEP and semi-annual covenant compliance to project company banks.
- Budgets are prepared annually for the business and may be reviewed mid-year.
- Build, manage and mentor a finance team, which is yet to be hired and will comprise of an IS and Office Manager, a Finance Manager, an accountant and two assistant accountants.
- Work closely with the Directors and Board on matters relating to risk, compliance, internal audit, information security and insurance
- Work with the business to identify any IS internal system requirements and responsible for sourcing and implementing these systems on time and budget.
- Work closely with the engineering team to challenge and support them to ensure the performance optimisation of the assets.
- Manage the team of external providers of accounting and tax services to the holding companies, ensuring streamlining of activities as much as possible.
- Maintain business cash flow projections.
- Manage the operation of any project or portfolio debt facilities.
- Manage outsourced payroll service providers.
- Board director of subsidiary companies if required.
- Manage and sign off on all capital calls from and distributions to investors.
- Work with independent valuation advisors and auditors, manage the annual Net Asset Valuation (NAV)
- Work closely with the investment team on new wind, solar and storage investments and acquisitions to ensure appropriate financial and tax due diligence is performed and that all vendor payments and financial structures agree to the final sale documents and the approved investment paper. Post-acquisition integration to the level required.
- On an ongoing basis, oversee investor queries on financial aspects of the fund, the projects, the NAV and ongoing operational actual and projected performance.
- Oversee completion of individual investor reporting tools and reports, where those are in place
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of fifteen years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrably successful in a position of comparable scope in a complex international business. Ability to manage diverse teams across international markets.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent commercial, critical analysis and presentation skills.
- Thorough and organised with the ability to organise and plan ahead, strong time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent computer literacy, in particular a high standard in Excel is essential.
- Exposure to multiple European markets
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a leader of and a central contributor, from the start, to the long-term success of this newly formed, values based, highly commercial and industry leading, growth-oriented business which will become a leading renewable player in Europe